Friday, December 2, 2005

Christmas Collection (Disc One): December First

As promised, I have come up with a killer Christmas Playlist. Killer, that is, if you have the exact same taste in music as me. I hope to come up with one for every week of December. It’s tough coming up with 80 minutes worth of traditional and non-traditional Christmas music that won’t drive you insane. The Christmas theme is in your face just enough to remind you of holiday pleasantries, and is subdued enough to allow you to listen again and again. I hope that throwing that goal into blog space, I may feel more pressure to actually do it. That would be a nice Christmas collection – I love alliteration.

I should point out that 70% of the music from the OC’s Christmas Mix makes it onto my list. It makes up well under half of the full set, but still speaks to the OC’s ability to pick music – I’ve been fighting it since Imogen Heap. I still hold a special place in my disgraceful pile for the OC, without ever having seriously watched one full episode, but I must admit their mixes often pleasantly surprise me. But it seems like most shows these days have exceptional music editors (if that’s the correct job title)… I suppose it is their job to know music.

So here it is:

  1. Ron Sexsmith – Maybe This Christmas ( my personal fave
  2. Matt Pond PA – Holiday Road
  3. John Lennon – So This is Christmas
  4. Beatles – White Christmas (rare)
  5. Death Cab For Cutie – Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home)
  6. Rooney – Merry Xmas Everybody
  7. The Who – Christmas
  8. Ben Kweller – Rock of Ages
  9. Smashing Pumpkins – Christmas Time
  10. Coldplay – Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
  11. The Raveonettes – The Christmas Song
  12. Leona Naess – Christmas
  13. Bright Eyes – Away in a Manger
  14. Marah – Baby it’s Cold Outside
  15. Binto Family – Is Christmas Tomorrow?
  16. Eels – Everything’s Gonna Be Cool This Christmas
  17. Elton John – Step Into Christmas
  18. Paul McCartney – Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time
  19. Low – Just Like Christmas
  20. The Flaming Lips – Christmas at the Zoo
  21. The Kinks – Father Christmas
  22. Greg Lakes – I Believe in Father Christmas
  23. The Travelling Wilburys – Christmas All Over Again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home