Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Rant and Raving Lunatic

What can you say on a day like today other than

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

... well, how about: who cares, for one.

my parents invited me to go to dinner with them tonight and i declined because obviously everyone there would know i was one of those loners on Valentine's Day and had to settle on ruining my parent's V-day dinner by tagging along. My mom thought i was being silly and proceeded to tell me that i should have a Valentine. I didn't understand why i should anything. Most of the time i don't understand my mom anyway. But she does give me a V-day gift every year... so i won't complain about that.

Mostly it's been a fun day: chatting online, listening to music, trying on clothes... and soon i will go help my friends with their bio lab. Oh and i made c tell me he loves me before i promised to help them. Which means that i'm pretty much his Valentine. Hell, i'm pretty much his girlfriend's Valentine, too because i helped her kill two hours at work and then of course i am helping with the lab. Whatever, they both love me more than they know what to do about it. Everyone does... isn't that obvoius? So that means i pretty much have a million Valentine's but i didn't have to buy any presents.

My problem is this: not your typical whiny consumerist bullshit rant... but rather: why do we need a special day to remind us to love?

Awww, that's so sweet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rally said...

Will you be my Blogentine?

Or do I need to Blogstalk you first?

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 11:01:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home