Thursday, January 5, 2006

Words Words Words

I often write entire paragraphs in my head that don't actually say anything or lead anywhere. I just like the words. I like to write them. I like to say them. I like to read them. I like to look at them. Apparently i like to say them too much, as my mother so kindly pointed out tonight. She thought that with my brother out for the night, she would get a much needed respite from the chitter chatter... but then i came along and haven't shut up since.

I talk too much, and my dad eats too many carrots. The man eats more carrots than anyone i have ever seen. He claims to be able to see clearly into the neighbours house.

The following is a list of words that i like... it is by no means complete as i am just coming up with it off the top of my head (i always plan to write my favourite words down when i come across them but i never do it). I like them for various reasons: sound, feel, look, meaning... i don't always know what the reason is, i just know i like them:

smile
laughter
equivocal
tempest
peace
love
shelter
thursday
symphony
giggle
know
quest
word

... well, i could go on forever but i have better things to do. Actually i don't. But i'll stop for other reasons.

See you soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rally said...

Perhaps, like me, you enjoy the sound of conversation. I long for days and evenings of talking, debating, even fighting. I love words, how they blend to form sentences, and how those sentences have different meanings from different inflections. I love it all. I love confrontation, and I love when two minds meet in the middle. I love being dominated by intelligence and dominating by the same level of intelligence. It makes life interesting, and fun.

As far as words go...I find spatula to be such a great word. It should mean something else entirely, it sounds so mean and vulgar, or diseased....

Thats just me though.

Monday, January 09, 2006 4:33:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home