Saturday, December 10, 2005

'Footsie Fifteen'

D id fifteen give anyone else a panic attack?? At least i got my Christmas mail-outs done... but i haven't even started on gift shopping. And i don't even know what everyone wants!! What happened to my leisurely - get everything done early - Christmas??

There is a Christmas show tonight at the church. I am supposed to perform with ck but i haven't seen him for two weeks, and at that point we didn't even have words for the song. Since i was in charge of lyrics anyway, i wrote them on my own, so i guess we would only need to get together real quick and make magic happen before the show; me, hoping that he liked the lyrics because i don't have time to write anymore.... i just hate last minute.

I could always play my piano-version of Silent Night. But i've only ever played that on our severely out of whack piano at home, so i can't exaclty be sure it sounds the same everywhere else. I'll have to go in early and whip out the church keyboard. Maybe i'll spend a little time with ck's bass while i am there... which reminds me: zo, keyboard?? just a reminder. this rickety piano just ain't doing it for me. I forgot when you are coming home again... remind me. How are you getting to kk's next weekend?

I haven't talked about my cats much, so that needs rectifying. The kitties have torn up the tent that the bro so gratiously bought for their first birthday. I broke it a little more, as well, so i've done my part. They love that tent, but for fighting more than for sitting in. They trap each other in it, by flipping it so the door is blocked by the floor, and then they collapse the tent on the cat who is inside. It's hysterical, and i will videotape it at some point... i wonder how you get videos up in this space?

Eve (mommy cat) has taken a new liking to mom (real mom) and follows her around the house and sleeps on her bed, and her couch, and her office desk. Mom doesn't even like her, although she is starting to come around to her a bit. She still thinks eve is psycho because she's a little wild and continues to hiss and swat at the babies. I keep trying to tell her that is just what cats do... she has to play her cards like that because she could easily be dominated by two huge boy kitties; she is maybe half the size of the boys, but she keeps them in her place because she's been showing her dominance since the day they were the size of a fist.... seem heartless, but it works. They don't mess with her, even though they easily could.

Actually, i don't know that they could take her... she's much more agile, and an incredible hunter, and claws that just don't quit. hmmm... bets, anyone??

the game - you lose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home